Wellness can describe your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual Self. It may also reflect how you choose to pursue a healthy lifestyle based on attitudes, practices and awareness. A Shift is a movement in a new direction. When performed in small steps, it is more likely to be maintained; this new direction.
A Wellness Shift requires positive energy to move from where you are, to where you want to be. It is about facing fears and obstacles. It is about using your strengths. It is about the intention to change. It is about Why You choose to lead a healthy lifestyle, and realizing the possibilities that exist.
“This life, therefore is…not health but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise; we are not what we shall be, but we are growing toward it; the process is not yet finished, but it is going on; this is not the end, but it is the road” – Luther, Jacobs, and Spaeth(1930)
12 Reasons to take the First Step toward a Wellness Shift
1. Quick Fixes Over – I was done with quick fixes and now I’m focused on making changes that last.
2. Precious Asset – I decided that health is my most precious asset and now I invest for the long term.
3. Get off the Fence – I was fed up with sitting on a fence and now I have committed to a wellness path.
4. It’s not about Weight – I realized that it’s about wellness and not my body weight.
5. Be the Boss – I want to be the boss of my health and wellness and quit delegating responsibility to others.
6. Health Style – I want to develop my unique health style rather than use one-size-fits-all approaches.
7. Mental Game – I know what to do and decided to master the mental game – turning intention into reality.
8. Peak Performance – I recognized that to reach peak performance at home and work, I need peak wellness.
9. Big Picture / Small Steps – I knew that an extreme makeover wasn’t the answer and I chose to take small steps which are powerful.
10. Confidence – I was finished with self-doubt and I now focus on building confidence in my ability to master wellness.
11. Winning the Wellness Game – I decided to focus on winning the wellness game and not losing or quitting things.
12. Close the Gap – I have closed the gap between where I am and where I want to be when it comes to my health and well-being.
A positive shift in your wellness aligns the dreams, or vision you have in terms of your health and well-being, with the groundwork and method that gets you there. The Wellness Shift: Start-up Lean Fitness provides the support and framework to make these dreams realized.
For More on the Wellness Shift: Start-up Lean Fitness Click Below.
- Learn more about The Wellness Shift: Start-up Lean Fitness.
- Complete Your First Step: Wellness Shift
Written by Randy Bauer